An introduction to the famous founder of Tron, Jack Ma’s Protégé, and crypto enthusiast Justin Sun+5 interesting facts about him.
Born on July 30, 1990, in Xining Qinghai, China, Justin Sun is the founder of the cryptocurrency platform TRON (TRX), CEO of BitTorrent Inc., tech entrepreneur and founder, and CEO of mobile social app Peiwo.
At the age of 26, he was chosen by the famous Chinese tycoon, Jack Ma, to study at Hupan University and was the only millennial among first graduates.
He was ranked in several lists of successful people. In 2011 he became the cover figure of Yazhou Zhoukan, and Davos Global Youth Leaders 2014. He was named CNTV’s most noteworthy new entrepreneur in 2015, and from there through 2017, he was named in Forbes China “30 under 30”.
He has a net worth of 200+ million US dollars. He acquired BitTorrent for $140 million dollars in 2018. He founded the social app Peiwo, which aspires to become China’s Snapchat. In 2017, he founded the Tron blockchain by his nonprofit organization, Tron foundation, which is based in Singapore.
5 interesting facts about Justin sun:
- He is Jack Ma’s protégé: Justin Sun, who graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Peking University and a master of arts in political economy from the University of Pennsylvania, also graduated from Hupan University. Hupan University was founded by Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group, which is dedicated to teaching and mentoring entrepreneurs. Justin Sun was chosen by Jack Ma to enter the university and was the first millennial to graduate.
- He created his own cryptocurrency company: the TRON Foundation is a blockchain-based operation system. It was launched in 2017 and currently ranks 17th out of more than 4000 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization.
With headquarters located in Beijing and San Francisco, the company’s mission is to decentralize the internet and its infrastructure.
- He is a millennial influencer: With more than 1.4 million followers on Twitter and nearly 1.2 million followers on Chinese social network Weibo, Justin has an undeniably powerful presence on social media, where he shares his personal experiences or opinions about wealth and industry management and even interacts with his followers who seek a career or financial advice. He also has an active social life, and he has posted pictures of him with celebrities and other powerful, influential individuals such as the legendry Los Angeles Lakers player Kobe Bryant.
- He is a crypto advocate: He won the charity lunch hosted by the legendry investor, Warren Buffet, to turn him into a true believer in the crypto world. This lunch cost him 4.57 million US dollars.
Buffett is a notorious skeptic of cryptocurrencies and has stated that Bitcoin has “no unique value” and will ultimately become worthless in the long run, and derided it as a “delusion” and “rat poison squared.”
- He is a controversial figure: After sun postponed his $4.57 million-worth launch with Buffet, Chinese news outlet Caixin reported he was being held in China over accusations of illegal fundraising, gambling, and money laundering.
Dismissing the allegations on Weibo, Sun said he was being treated for kidney stones. He wrote in Mandarin, “The illegal network fundraising was not true,” adding that Tron actively cooperates with authorities to comply with regulatory requirements.